4 great ski helmets for the winter season!
We love winter, snow and the cold weather.
Not only because we are a manufacturer of winter jackets, but also because we love to ski. There is no better vacation than a week (or more) of skiing. Up early, head out on the slopes, a fantastic lunch in a cozy hut on the mountain, some after ski and early to bed. What not to like!
As the winter season approaches, ski enthusiasts eagerly anticipate the thrill of fresh powder and pristine runs. While skiing offers a sense of freedom and adventure, safety should always be a top priority. A crucial element of safety is your choice of ski helmet.
In this blog post, we'll delve into some of the best ski helmets that have not only received rave reviews but have also aced rigorous testing, ensuring your safety and style on the slopes.
Before we dive into the top ski helmets, let's establish the criteria by which these helmets have been chosen:
- Safety certification: all the helmets in this list meet safety standards such as CE EN 1077, ASTM F2040, and more, ensuring they offer adequate protection against impacts.
- Comfort: an excellent ski helmet should be comfortable, with adjustable padding and a secure fit to enhance your skiing experience.
- Ventilation: proper ventilation is essential to prevent overheating during strenuous skiing activities. Helmets in this list offer efficient ventilation systems.
- Weight: a lightweight helmet helps reduce fatigue and increase comfort on long days on the mountain.
- Visor or goggle compatibility: many helmets are designed to integrate seamlessly with goggles for improved visibility and style.
Now, let's explore some of the best ski helmets that combine safety and style:
Smith vantage MIPS helmet
- MIPS Technology: Multi-Directional Impact Protection System (MIPS) technology for rotational force protection.
- Aerocore Construction: innovative aerocore construction for enhanced impact protection and ventilation.
- Adjustable fit: customizable fit for optimum comfort.
Giro range MIPS helmet
- MIPS Spherical Technology: giro's spherical technology provides protection against both high and low-energy impacts.
- Comfort and ventilation: excellent comfort and ventilation with an adjustable venting system.
- Secure Fit: conform fit technology ensures a secure and personalized fit.
POC Obex spin communication helmet
- Communication Integration: compatibility with communication devices for staying connected.
- SPIN Technology: shearing pad inside (SPIN) technology to reduce rotational forces during impacts.
- Ventilation and goggles integration: superb ventilation and integration with POC goggles.
Atomic count Amid RS helmet
- Amid Technology: Atomic's Amid (amplified impact distribution) technology for superior impact absorption.
- Active Aircon Venting: excellent ventilation with adjustable vents for added comfort.
- Ergonomic and Lightweight: designed for optimal fit, comfort, and lightweight performance.
The best ski helmet for you will depend on your specific preferences, style, and budget. Safety should always be the top consideration, but you can choose a helmet that also aligns with your sense of style and comfort. Remember to try on the helmet to ensure a proper fit.
Your ski helmet is not just an accessory; it's an essential piece of equipment that ensures your safety and enhances your style on the slopes.
The ski helmets featured in this guide have earned their place at the pinnacle of safety and style, offering everything you need for a thrilling and secure skiing experience. By investing in the right ski helmet, you're not only protecting your head but also elevating your overall skiing adventure.